For the first time in its 50 year history, in June 2007, the Philip Johnson Glass House opened to the public allowing visitors to expereince the historic 47-acre estate and visit the fourteen structures including: The Glass House (1949); Painting Gallery (1965); and, Sculpture Gallery (1970). FITZ & CO created and implemented an international public relations campaign including media relations, special events, audience development and relationship building with art world opinion leaders. During the first year of its opening the Glass House tours were sold out and the estate was visited by countless top art world luminaries. As a result of our extensive media campaign, the Philip Johnson Glass House was featured in Architectural Record, Architect’s Newspaper, Art in America, Dwell, Elle, The Financial Times, Men’s Vogue, The New York Times, The New Yorker, New York Magazine, Time, The Wall Street Journal, and Women’s Wear Daily.
The Philip Johnson Glass House. Photo by Eirik Johnson.
Courtesy of Philip Johnson Glass House.